My father would have been 102 years old on the 25th of April [Born 1916]
The Scripps CO2 measurements at Mauna Loa showed 410.05 parts per million on that same day.
410.05This is a threshold last experienced on earth many, many millions of years ago.
- Records show that more than 10 generations of my family up to about 1900 would have only experienced a 10-15ppm rise in CO2 levels
- My father, born in 1916 experienced approximately a 50-60ppm rise.
- In just my lifetime, global CO2 concentration has increased from 310 ppm to 410ppm
- The Keeling Curve
- Cape Grim
- 1.5 or 2 ? Take your pick!
- CSIRO Climate Science Centre
- 330 and counting 
- Hot, Hotter, Hottest… again
- What’s an Epoch? You’re standing in it!
The Scripps CO2 measurements at Mauna Loa have been supported for many years by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and have more recently been supplemented by Earth Networks, a technology company that is collaborating with Scripps to expand the global GHG monitoring network. Support for website development was provided in part by the National Science Foundation (NSF).