There’s nothing like evidenced-based public policy…
News that the CSIRO plan to cut over 100 jobs from the agency’s climate science staff.
Wide-spread opinion fears cuts to the CSIRO’s climate modelling and measuring research will breach Australia’s obligations under the recent Paris agreement and will result in huge costs to the economy. News reports here, here, here, here and here .
Australia’s Climate Council has published a report on the proposed cuts: Flying Blind: Navigating Climate Change Without CSIRO
- Climate Council
- Report – Flying Blind: Navigating Climate Change Without CSIRO
- Article – The Guardian – Cuts to breach Paris Agreement
- CSIRO Staff Association – Proposed Job Cuts
- Article – Sydney Morning Herald ‘Devastating Cuts’
- Article – Sydney Morning Herald – Job Cuts and STEM Students
- Article – ABC News – CSIRO Cuts “to the bone”