Captured Sunlight and Stranded Assets
The phrase “Stranded Assets” will occupy many policy briefings over the weeks, months and years ahead. The Geo-political implications of current energy investment are increasingly main stream, if not fundamental policy vectors.
The early months of 2015 have seen significant momentum-shift in the market-drivers for genuine energy policy reform, if not profound/total re-think. Increasing evidence of large fund divestments here, here, here and here suggest this momentum is real. When the herd turns….
Then Elon Musk walks out on stage and suggests in a humble twenty minute presentation, that
1. The Keeling Curve needs to be changed. [i.e Humanity’s future – 403.39 Today!]
2. He notes we have access to the means to do this with a “handy fusion reactor in the sky”
3. He proposes to commodify the capture and reuse of sunlight by inventing a new technology.
4. He hopes others will do the same by providing access to the technology [Open Source]
Spend the eighteen minutes it takes to watch Elon Musk and then play a little mind-game called, “if I’m the government, what do I do now?”
- The Keeling Curve – Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Pentagon Signals Security Risk on Climate Change
- Tesla Motors – Powerwall
- CSIRO – State of the Climate